- Shipping & Delivery
- Back Orders
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Viewing Orders
- Updating Account Information
- Due to the current Covid-19 Pandemic, many people are panic buying in the supermarkets and it may take slightly longer for our personal shoppers to obtain the essential items that you require. We will of course try our best and we will endeavour to dispatch your items as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
Shipping & Delivery
- Here at British Food Wholesalers we have had years of experience in safely packing parcels that are shipped all around the world. If you choose to order from us, you will see that depending on the destination of the order, there are a number of shipping rates and delivery times. Unless stated, the delivery times are estimates in working days and apply from the day of posting and may be subject to customs delays. It is up to you as the customer to check if there are any restrictions or duties involved with your goods, as any charges incurred for this will be applicable to you. Please refer to your local import authority for further information. We may, at our discretion, send your order with an alternative courier which could alter the estimated delivery timescale. We may do this due to remote delivery locations, industrial dispute disruptions or any other reason.
- Please note - as we do not open weekends or any UK Bank Holidays including Good Friday, any orders placed on a Friday or before the start of a Bank Holiday will be shopped for the next working day.
- We will only dispatch your order once it is complete. We do not send part orders. However, if a product is not available, a refund will be credited to your card or Paypal for the cost of the product and also the cost of the shipping. This will be included on your receipt.
Privacy & Security
- British Food Wholesalers does not disclose buyer's information to third parties. Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. Cookies are also used to remember login detail if your pc allows this, along with information in the My Account section of the site.
Returns & Replacements
- We buy goods on demand and always purchase the most current stock available. All images on the site are for illustration purposes only. If you are unhappy with any of your goods please return them to us for a refund on the goods themselves. Please note we are unable to refund any postage costs. We are unable to accept returns on any baby food, formula or milk. If any items arrive damaged or are missing, we will investigate and refund where appropriate for the goods and postage costs for the damaged or lost items only.
- By far the best is to open a free account. You can do this by clicking "log in" at the top of the page. If you have a Facebook account you can log in through it or simply enter your email address and your preferred password; just follow the online screen prompts. You can also open an account at the checkout stage of the site once you have everything in your cart. Alternatively you can log out as a guest. However by opening an account with us you will have more information regarding your order with the ability to view your order details, track your parcel and re-order easily. In addition to this you will also be eligible to collect loyalty shopping points for future purchases.
- To make your shopping experience as easy as we can we have designed a search function on the site for your use. You can just browse the store which allows you to select a particular department. Once in the department you will notice they are brand driven to help you find the item you are looking for. Alternatively if you prefer a product driven search method the store is divided into sections. Once chosen, you are then able to filter your search to locate your desired product.
- Once you have found the product you are looking for, add the required amount to the shopping cart and follow the prompts on the screen. You will then notice we offer discount on the amount you order. Please note some products have a minimum order amount and although there are no maximum order amount, on certain large orders you may find a delay before dispatch. This is dependent on the product and quantity ordered. Please contact us if your order is required for a deadline date.
- Generally we shop for your items on the first working day after you place your order. Providing we can obtain everything you request, the items will be despatched that day by your chosen method. The delivery time will depend on the service. We do not shop in all stores every day so certain items take us longer to obtain. However, delays can also be caused by unavailability of items, custom regulations, delays with courier companies, timing of the order and of course should the need arise for us to contact you regarding your order, we also have to take into consideration the time zone difference, if applicable.
- If we cannot obtain an item, we will refund the cost of it plus the cost of the shipping to your card or Paypal account.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- We accept all major credit cards; Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express and Paypal. If you are shopping from outside the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction to your own currency. Please note all of our prices are in pounds sterling.
- We use SagePay to process our card payments who are level 1 PCI DSS compliant and an active member of the PCI SSC (Security Standards Council) Their system is fully secure and includes a number of fraud prevention measures designed to protect you, us and your credit card company. At no stage do your card details become available to us. SagePay deal directly with our bank who then contact your card issuer for authorisation.
- We will send you a confirmation email once you have completed your online shop. If you have created an account with us you will be able to log in and view your order online.
Updating Account Information
- To amend your account information, log in to your account and click the "My Account" at the top of the web page. Here you will be able view and amend your details, track your parcel, view order, reorder, check your reward points balance and subscribe and unsubscribe to our news emails.